Proxmox Backup client Error: permission check failed.

abalcha

Feb 21, 2023
So, i configured a pbs and i also added proxmox backup client on a standalone machine and tring to take backup from the standalone machine to the pbs and i added this script to the client machine. I create a new user which is called CBackup i added an admin permission to the datastore/JU-BACKUP and the scrip looks like this
#!/bin/bash
export PBS_PASSWORD='ambdk'
export PBS_USER_AND_API_TOKEN='CBackup@pbs!backup'
export PBS_HOST='10.140.5.224:8007'
export PBS_DATASTORE='JU-BACKUP'
export PBS_REPOSITORY="${PBS_USER_AND_API_TOKEN}@${PBS_HOST}:${PBS_DATASTORE}"
echo $PBS_REPOSITORY $PBS_PASSWORD
proxmox-backup-client backup root.pxar:/home/Database_Backup/ --repository 10.140.5.224:JU-BACKUP

saved it as pbs-client.sh
when i run ./pbs-client.sh it keeps saying
Starting backup protocol: Tue Feb 21 11:20:35 2023
Error: permission check failed.

what is the problem??

proxmox-backup-client backup rclient.pxar:/home/Database_Backup/ --repository ip_address:JBACKUP

when i run this command for example it why is asking me to insert the root@pam password when i want to use different user

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!