Proxmox Backup and letsencrypt

diaolin

Renowned Member
Jul 7, 2008
Trentino Italy
I use proxmox acme for the ssl certificate (letsencrypt)

Is ther a method that permits using the same files even with the proxmox-backup on port 8007? (same machine)

Tx

Diaolin

I hope I understand your question correctly.
If you have a valid let's encrypt certificate on a host you can use it for your PBS installation (you just need to copy the certificate(including intermediate) and key file and set the proper owner/group)

Check out the short wiki-page about using acme.sh for PBS:
https://pbs.proxmox.com/wiki/index.php/HTTPS_Certificate_Configuration

I hope this helps!

Reactions: DerDanilo
Resolved in this manner:

Bash:
#!/bin/bash
NODE=$(hostname)
/usr/bin/cp /etc/pve/nodes/${NODE}/pveproxy-ssl.pem /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.pem
/usr/bin/cp /etc/pve/nodes/${NODE}/pveproxy-ssl.key /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.key
/usr/bin/chmod 640 /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.*
/usr/bin/chgrp backup /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.*
/usr/bin/systemctl reload proxmox-backup-proxy.service

Tx

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
I integrated your solution into the wiki-page
as a small side-node I'd recommend running systemctl reload proxmox-backup-proxy.service instead of restart - a restart would terminate all running backup jobs.

Reactions: diaolin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!