Proxmox Auto Power ON

samarn

Mar 8, 2024
Im not sure if this kind of option has the Proxmox using the APC UPS.

Especially during blackout and when the electricity comes back. I would like to know if the UPS brand APC supports the Proxmox Power ON command when the electricity resume? How to configure it?

This sounds a bit weird to me, so I'm not sure I'm understanding. :)

I think you're asking if a Proxmox server can automatically start up when power returns to a system? ie after power outage

With my homelab gear, the "automatic power on" thing is a setting in the computer BIOS/UEFI. I set that to "always power on" so that any time the system has power it'll automatically start.

That's completely independent of the OS that's running though. There's nothing Proxmox specific about it.

Maybe your stuff has a similar setting in its BIOS/UEFI?

Reactions: _gabriel
Hi, yes you are correct Proxmox server can automatically start up when power returns to a system? ie after power outage.

Thank you I will check my BIOS/UEFI on this.

Reactions: justinclift

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!