Proxmox as an Ultimate Desktop Setup ( Dual Gpu Pass )

I would suggest not using Primary GPU (x-vga=1) with AMD GPUs. You might want to enable the virt-ssbd and hv-tlbflush CPU flags for Windows. Also, replace emulated devices such as IDE, SATA and RTL8139 with virtio devices and install all Windows VirtIO drivers version 0.1.215 (0.1.217 is broken). Also, VirtIO SCSI disks supports more features then VirIO disks. As far as I know, there is no reason to use more than 1 socket for your VMs or does Threadripper expose NUMA (in which case you can to enable NUMA in the VM and use as many sockets as actual NUMA partitions on the host).
Anyway, what was your question in your last post?
https://youtu.be/tOUMRkwdpN4

When the computer starts the 2 vms go online with no issue.

When i turn off the Radeon machine and try to restart it does not work and throws this error
And it does not turn on as well.

Code:
swtpm_setup: Not overwriting existing state file.
kvm: ../hw/pci/pci.c:1484: pci_irq_handler: Assertion `0 <= irq_num && irq_num < PCI_NUM_PINS' failed.
stopping swtpm instance (pid 132040) due to QEMU startup error
TASK ERROR: start failed: QEMU exited with code 1

After primary gpu setting turned off from both gpus
The 6900 xt can restart but multi screen system only works with one monitor
Radeon 7 can not even restart

It might not be related to this so the system only turns on properly from the workstation reboot now

I would suggest not using Primary GPU (x-vga=1) with AMD GPUs. You might want to enable the virt-ssbd and hv-tlbflush CPU flags for Windows. Also, replace emulated devices such as IDE, SATA and RTL8139 with virtio devices and install all Windows VirtIO drivers version 0.1.215 (0.1.217 is broken). Also, VirtIO SCSI disks supports more features then VirIO disks. As far as I know, there is no reason to use more than 1 socket for your VMs or does Threadripper expose NUMA (in which case you can to enable NUMA in the VM and use as many sockets as actual NUMA partitions on the host). (And I find the configuration files much easier to read than screenshots or photographs).
I can only set the radeon 7 as none primary.
Xt6900 needs it to activate 4 monitors

I can only set the radeon 7 as none primary.
Xt6900 needs it to activate 4 monitors
Enabled the cpu flags and there is no issue starting up.

0.1.215 drivers are getting installed as i need them for video editing

I am installing blue and black lion on adobe premiere one of them will work video edit timeline the other will focus on rendering output(radeon 7)

I would suggest not using Primary GPU (x-vga=1) with AMD GPUs. You might want to enable the virt-ssbd and hv-tlbflush CPU flags for Windows. Also, replace emulated devices such as IDE, SATA and RTL8139 with virtio devices and install all Windows VirtIO drivers version 0.1.215 (0.1.217 is broken). Also, VirtIO SCSI disks supports more features then VirIO disks. As far as I know, there is no reason to use more than 1 socket for your VMs or does Threadripper expose NUMA (in which case you can to enable NUMA in the VM and use as many sockets as actual NUMA partitions on the host). (And I find the configuration files much easier to read than screenshots or photographs).
Why do you think 0.1.217 is broken? What problems do you got with it?

I'm curious if anyone is actually using proxmox with all the typical dedicated stuff required for a podcast environment like ATEM mini, multiple cameras, audio mixer etc... and actually have been using it a while. This has real benefits for cloning a system you want to have in multiple locations but I don't want to go down this rabbit hole if it's not tried and true / battle tested. Not enough time for the trial by fire :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!