Proxmox and Netdata

VartKat

Apr 1, 2021
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody happen to install Netdata monitoring on Proxmox Debian, not on one VM but on the host.
If so it seems default Netdata settings are not the right ones for proxmox as mine seems to run globally fine but Netdata keeps telling me there's problems.

Here are some of these "problems" :
pve is critical - 10min disk backlog
disk_backlog.dm-16 (pve-vm--102--disk--2)
10min disk backlog = 14087 ms
average of the kernel estimated disk backlog, for the last 10 minutes

pve needs attention - cgroup ram and swap in use
cgroup_lxc_110.mem_usage (mem)
cgroup ram and swap in use = 90%

pve is critical - 10min disk utilization
disk_util.dm-3 (pve-data_tdata)
10min disk utilization = 98.1%
the percentage of time the disk was busy, during the last 10 minutes
I have a bunch of these and that's not during backup, only the 102 is on heacy duty as it is recording video all day long.

Is my PVE host misconfigured or is it Netdata which is too sensible or not aware of the specifics of a PVE host ?

If anybody happen to tweak Netdata with custom settings that woul be great to share.

Thanks for reading

V.

Reactions: Thorvi
Netdata don't care about host role. You need tweak its trigger levels if defaults are out of the way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!