proxmox and its vm unexpectedly closes ssh and web connections

CarlosEspinosa

Jun 8, 2018
Hi,

I have 3 Servers with proxmox installed, in one of them I have PFsense, and in that same server I have more VM, I use the following address:

• Network for users (10.9.109.X)
  • Network for servers (10.9.110.X)
  • WAN

To extend the networks of users and servers I use a switch. I direct the network through PFSense.
My PC has it in the user segment, and something very peculiar happens, when I want to connect to proxmox through the user interface 10.9.110.1, I cut the communication, and the same thing happens with all the virtual machines that live in that proxmox server, if I connect to another proxmox server that uses the same network address (10.9.110.X) It does not cut me the connection, nor does it do it if I use the user address, that is my proxmox, has double network address:
10.9.110.2 and 10.9.109.2
I do not know why only when I access proxmox from the server interface allows me to establish the connection via console and ssh only for two minutes maximum, then I see that the connection is hanging and lost. I do not know what to do or what to do or where to look, first I thought it was a firewall problem, but it can not be, because it does not cut the connections in the entire network segment 10.9.110.X, but only in one proxmox server

I think a quick visual draft of your situation would help here. Also have a look if you have set multiple gateways + check system logs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!