[SOLVED] Proxmox and hardware raid

GTech

Aug 24, 2023
Hi,

So I have an onboard nvme drive to run proxmox and two regular SSD's with a raid adapter (AOC-S3908L-H8IR-16DD-O) configured for raid 1.
These two drives are meant for storage. I expected an additional drive to show up somewhere, however I can only see the onboard drive.
I've already installed proxmox on the onboard drive. Do I need to install additional drivers (https://www.supermicro.com/wdl/driver/SAS/Broadcom/3908-3916/Drivers/) or something and how would that work?

-- edit: raid 1 --

Last edited:
I expected an additional drive to show up somewhere, however I can only see the onboard drive.
How did you look? What commands did you use? Please install lsscsi and post the output in code tags.

Using NVMe just for PVE is a bit wasteful and you know the implications of RAID0?

How did you look? What commands did you use? Please install lsscsi and post the output in code tags.

Using NVMe just for PVE is a bit wasteful and you know the implications of RAID0?

This is the output:

[0:1:124:0] enclosu BROADCOM VirtualSES 03 -
[N:0:6:1] disk SAMSUNG MZ1L21T9HCLS-00A07__1 /dev/nvme0n1

The raid adapter is the Broadcom one. Proxmox is installed on the Samsung drive.

Will do. Just a silly question, but in the bios I can check the state of the two disks under the raid adapter menu. It just says, "Unconfigured, Good". I don't see anything about a raid 1 setting. Do I have to create a virtual drive here with a raid 1 setting? It was supposed to be taken care of by the

Okay my bad, I had to create a virtual disk. It was supposed to be deliverd like that but it works like a charm now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!