Proxmox and Cockpit - Cannot refresh cache whilst offline

bigbabyjesus

Sep 5, 2023
I installed cockpit to make managing my ZFS arrays easier.

the problem is that I get the following error.

1693915134069.png

Does anyone know what to do here?

Hi,
this is not an issue related to Proxmox VE, you should seek help in cockpit related forums/support portals. As far as I can tell from a quick glance this might be related to how cockpit checks for the system to be online if NetworkManager is present/installed [0].

Note however that it is not recommended to use such tools for system administration for the Proxmox VE host, as they may interact with the setup in a way which the PVE services might not expect, potentially leading to all kinds of problems.

[0] https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/issues/8477

Reactions: bigbabyjesus
Thanks for the response. I understand that that cockpit may cause issues but I have alot of zfs datasets and managing them from the command line isnt in my plans.

You can mark posts as solved by adding the prefix to the title while editing the first post

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!