[SOLVED] Proxmox 8 update problems

NERO_DARK

Oct 9, 2023
good time, forum users, after my proxmox independently decided to upgrade to version 8, it seemed like I had a second node on the server, and the name of the node was the same as the single node before the update (pve), and the new one began to be called PVE , none of the virtual machines now load and give an error
Снимок экрана 2023-10-09 111532.png Снимок экрана 2023-10-09 111635.png
Code:
Connection error 596: error:0A000086:SSL routines::certificate verify failed

Judging by the analysis of this error on the forums, it occurs specifically in clusters when the keys on the nodes do not match, but I don’t have a cluster, can you give me some advice on where to look to solve the problem?

how does the /etcs/hosts file look like? maybe there is some confusion how the nodename is set? (uppercase vs lowercase)

after my proxmox independently decided to upgrade to version 8
what do you mean here? proxmox ve does not automatically upgrade...

i'd check the /etc/pve/nodes/ folder, my guess is that there is a 'pve' and a 'PVE' directory and for some reason it resolved the nodename as 'pve' previously and as 'PVE' now
so while you could simply move the old files into the new folder, i'd suggest you find out where the change came from so that it does not happen again in the other direction

how does the /etcs/hosts file look like? maybe there is some confusion how the nodename is set? (uppercase vs lowercase)

what do you mean here? proxmox ve does not automatically upgrade...

i'd check the /etc/pve/nodes/ folder, my guess is that there is a 'pve' and a 'PVE' directory and for some reason it resolved the nodename as 'pve' previously and as 'PVE' now
so while you could simply move the old files into the new folder, i'd suggest you find out where the change came from so that it does not happen again in the other direction
/etc/hosts
Code:
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.185.11 pve.cc.local pve

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

in /etc/pve/nodes/ there is 'pve' and 'PVE'
I tried to transfer files from the “pve” folder to “PVE”, it didn’t give any result

Also I tried to change in /etc/hosts line:
192.168.185.11 pve.cc.local pve
into
192.168.185.11 PVE.cc.local PVE
it didn’t give any result ether

Last edited:
SOLVED:
from folder /etc/pve/nodes i copied folders 'pve' and 'PVE' to home directory, then deleted pve and PVE in /etc/pve/nodes and then copied pve from home directory to /etc/pve/nodes/PVE

Code:
cp -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve ~/home/
cp -r /etc/pve/nodes/PVE ~/home/

rm -r /etc/pve/nodes/pve
rm -r /etc/pve/nodes/PVE

cp -rT ~/home/pve /etc/pve/nodes/PVE

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!