Proxmox 8 LXC Disk IO

seelk

Jan 4, 2023
Disk IO stats are not showing for my LXCs (the graph does not show any activity). One of the LXCs contains InfluxDB and is acting as the metric server that Proxmox is constantly writing to. The Disk IO does show for my VMs. I believe this issue started happening after upgrading Proxmox from 7 to 8. Thoughts? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can confirm this happened to me after upgrading from PVE 7 to PVE 8. LXC disk statistics are now showing 0. And I have a software NVR that is writing at a rate of 1-2 MB/s non stop.

Interesting thing is, when I switch the range to "hours" I see some writes. Looks like writes to root disk only.

I am wondering, because this storage that my CT is writing to is actually a CT mount (a manual one), could that be the reason for this to not show any more ?

I can confirm this happened to me after upgrading from PVE 7 to PVE 8. LXC disk statistics are now showing 0. And I have a software NVR that is writing at a rate of 1-2 MB/s non stop.

Interesting thing is, when I switch the range to "hours" I see some writes. Looks like writes to root disk only.

I am wondering, because this storage that my CT is writing to is actually a CT mount (a manual one), could that be the reason for this to not show any more ?
The only ranges that show activity for me are Month and Year. The rest (Hour, Day and Week) don't show any activity for my LXCs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!