Proxmox 8.2 hangs at boot

SwarleyAUS

Aug 26, 2024
Hi all,

I have come back to this machine after fixing my prior issues (https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/unable-to-install-lshw.153438/) the other day and am finding that now that it will not boot reliably. I got it to boot once but the network failed to comeup. This is where the machine halts more often than not. Any ideas? It's taken me forever to even get back to the point where proxmox will attempt to boot (seems very sensitive to BIOS changes) so I am at my wits end!

Thanks

PXL_20240902_101308648.jpg

Will the machine boot successfully from the installer CDROM/ISO?
No, I've done something and can no longer get it the installer to run on this machine =(

Edit: the installer will launch, but get stuck at loading initial ramdisk or just after

Last edited:
Can you try resetting your BIOS back do defaults and seeing whether the CDROM will boot

Yeah that doesnt do it. To get the installer to work originally i had to get *just* the right combination of BIOS settings for it to run to completion. Im just going to bring up proxmox on another system and hope this build of hardware is the reason for it being so unreliable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!