[SOLVED] Proxmox 7 shell using xterm.js: Connection failed (Code 1006)

kotakomputer

Renowned Member
May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.proxmoxindo.com
Proxmox 7.1-12, click on node - shell then error: Connection failed (Code 1006).

Output of status:
Code:
client connection: [::1]:46470
[7] Couldn't connect to server (Failed to connect to localhost port 85: Connection refused)
TASK ERROR: command '/usr/bin/termproxy 5901 --path /nodes/PAR-359296 --perm Sys.Console -- /bin/login -f root' failed: exit code 1

Using noVNC for shell working fine, error only on default xterm.js

I just started getting this on one of my test servers, but not the other. I think it has something to do with the SSL certs, but running the update command I found from elsewhere on this forum did not help. I experience the message in Safari, but not Firefox. Not sure what is causing it yet.

I believe my server updated it's ssl cert. Bypassing the warning and viewing the site anyway was apparently not enough to get Safari to allow the shell and console connections. I tried manually updating the certs on the server based on another thread but that didn't fix the issue either. After manually importing the cert into the keychain and setting it to always trusted everything seems to be working fine now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!