Proxmox 7 at nvme, HP Gen8 and boot from SD

Proxlmoxl

Aug 29, 2021
Hi,

in past I used proxmox 3.4 at the ODD Port of a HP gen8 Microserver with boot from internal SD. Now I want to boot from SD into nvme with proxmox 7.
I dont realy know where the problem lies. Installation from Proxmox USB to nvme looks good. But how can I put the boot magic to sd and boot nvme with proxmox standard install (ext4/lvm). I'm lost the way, so can one point me the direction please. Thanks

Last edited:
I would guess that the OP was using nvme on pci-e card and this was most likely not recognised by the system BIOS as a bootable device.
The only path then would be to boot off another device and use the nvme as a storage device.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!