Proxmox 7.0 on HP Gen8 DMAR error

Errorsssss

Sep 5, 2021
Hello.

Soo it seems like the WebGUI does not work anymore. It worked for briefly 30 seconds while the system were rebooting but become unresponsive after a few seconds soo i could not login. I got this DMAR error. Anyone know what it is? Kernel version im running is 5.11.22-4-pve. I tried to boot into kernel version 5.44 and i did not get any DMAR error but the webgui still did not work.

Server im running is HP DL380 Gen8

Code:
root@pve: # [ 312.007936] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 102
[  312.008002] DMAR: [INTR-REMAP] Request device: [01:00.0] fault index 22 [fault reason 38] Blocked an interrupt request to source-id verification failure

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that when i got the DMAR error in the iLO console it become unresponsive.

Last edited:
did you enable/use pci passthrough? how does your network setup look like? what does 'ss -tlpn' say?

Wanted to follow up, was this ever fixed? Right now, with the new kernel:

Code:
BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.15.35-1-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro quiet fsck.mode=force

HW is an HP Proliant DL360 Gen8, ILO terminal shows this error (I believe the same as above?):

1652713116540.png

I have forced check on HDD, as maybe that was this issue, no luck. Appreciate any help

I am following this issue as well. I am running the latest ver. of Proxmox with kernel 5.13.xx with HW (HP Proliant DL360 gen 8) doing the same thing. ILO crashed.. and the system in general became unstable.

I did try the above option. THIS didn't fix the issue.

What I have do for the mean time is revert back to kernel 5.4.143, This kernel with this HW is stable and has been stable for some time. BUT I would like to move to the newer kernel WHEN possible.

Q: Has anyone found a workable fix yet?

Seeing this problem on 5.15.60-2-pve too on an HP DL360p Gen8, with the same iLO console issue.

Installed 7.3 prox and so far all work, just super slow io with that old gear. For simple nas, on spinner all ok.

I have the same issue on 8.0.3 - HW is HP ProLiant DL360p Gen 8 2 x E5-2650 160GB RAM, DId not have this on my prevoius server (DL360 Gen7)

Will try kernel parameter.....

Last edited:
I have 2 ideas to try out.

- First, make sure that you're on the latest ilo Version (if you have a key, don't forget to backup it)
https://pingtool.org/latest-hp-ilo-firmwares/amp/

- second, i don't know (and don't have anymore an hp account), to download the latest Servicepack Iso from HP, which contains bios Updates, but as alternative you can try out this:
https://tteck.github.io/Proxmox/ -> Proxmox VE Tools --> Proxmox Processor Microcode Updates.

Hopefully that helps, otherwise Gen8's are pretty old nowadays, even as NAS Storage:-(

Cheers

I managed to get rid of the error by disabling VT-d - Have noticed any degredation on my VMs and my iLO remote terminal deos not lock up any more.

Any Ideas if I am losing anything by disabling VT-d?

I managed to get rid of the error by disabling VT-d - Have noticed any degredation on my VMs and my iLO remote terminal deos not lock up any more.

Any Ideas if I am losing anything by disabling VT-d?
Iommu, means you can't passthrough pci(e) devices anymore.

if you really want to put prox7 on this specific box, you can do search about it and kernel or mod.. and they will show that you need a custom patch to be applied. pass the igpu work, but it's soo slow. Just not do any update after as it will break and get you back to the dmar error.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!