Proxmox 6 - Chep - Cluster HA

Fabio

Renowned Member
Jan 30, 2016
Good evening, I installed proxmox 6 with clustered chep.
I have 3 nodes, each with 2 HD SATA. Diso one contains the operating system proxmox, disk 2 used for OSD by chep.
In fact, the cluster seems to work if I disconnect the network card of node 1 where I created the virtual machine, it is automatically migrated. The virtual machcian's HD is on the chep pool.
I would like to understand a few things: if disk 1 of node 1 (the disk in which I have the proxmox operating system) fails, and I change it, do I have to reinstall the whole node?
Is there a system to backup the configuration of node 1 so that I only change the failed disk?
If disk 2 (one of the OSDs) fails, how do I replace it? Is there a procedure to follow?

for disk os:

you can backup /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db && /etc/corosync/corosync.conf.
then, when you reinstall the node (with same hostname/ip), restore theses files, reboot, and it should be ok.

for the osd, if the disk crash, you need to remove/destroy osd in proxmox ceph gui && recreate a new osd with the new disk.

Good morning,

I did the backsup and the indicated files and reinstalled the node with the same name and ip addresses. Restored the indicated files but the node does not restart.
After reinstalling the node I also installed ceph but without configuring it. Did I omit something?
Could you be more precise on the procedure to follow for the recovery of a proxmox operating system that is part of a cluster with ceph?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!