Proxmox 6 / Cannot clone VM to another host as no Target Storage available

Mar 27, 2017
Currently I am facing the issue I cannot clone VM from one host to another due to no Target Storage available on destination hosts.

Both hosts has same local storage mapped identically on both hosts, but this look likes to more like a missing privilege issue.

Here is my /etc/pve/storage.cfg:

Code:
zfspool: TIER0
        pool TIER0
        content rootdir,images

dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content images,rootdir,iso,vztmpl,snippets
        maxfiles 0

zfspool: TIER2
        pool TIER2
        content rootdir,images

dir: t0-A
        path /TIER0/A
        content images,rootdir

dir: t0-B
        path /TIER0/C
        content images,rootdir

dir: t0-C
        path /TIER0/C
        content images,rootdir

dir: t0-D
        path /TIER0/D
        content images,rootdir

dir: t2-A
        path /TIER2/A
        content images,rootdir

dir: t2-B
        path /TIER2/B
        content images,rootdir

dir: t2-C
        path /TIER2/C
        content images,rootdir

dir: t2-D
        path /TIER2/D
        content images,rootdir

Thanks for any relevant hint!

Last edited:
Is the storage local storage or shared?
Can you show the log of the failed task?

Is the storage local storage or shared?
Can you show the log of the failed task?
Storage is local, named identically on both hosts to allow cloning/migration between the hosts. TIER0 and TIER2 are ZFS pools and t0-{id} / t2-{id} are directories on it.

Problem is I don't see the storage of the other host, so I cannot execute the cloning as no storage on Destination host available see:

191126-KITS-Prox-NoStorageAvailable.png

Last edited:
Ah, if you hover on the red colored Target node input field you will see that the node is not allowed for this action.

In the Help (click the help button in the bottom left corner) is the following sentence regarding cloning to another node:
The Target node option allows you to create the new VM on a different node. The only restriction is that the VM is on shared storage, and that storage is also available on the target node.

You can clone it to another storage on the same node and then live migrate it to the second node.

Ah, if you hover on the red colored Target node input field you will see that the node is not allowed for this action.

In the Help (click the help button in the bottom left corner) is the following sentence regarding cloning to another node:

You can clone it to another storage on the same node and then live migrate it to the second node.
Is there no way to do that directly? I have no space left for a local clone but plenty on the other node. Or is there maybe a way to tell migration to keep the original vm on the source node?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!