proxmox 6 and ceph luminous

Sep 4, 2019
Hi guys,
A little bit late but we are planning to upgrade our proxmox cluster from pve5 to pve6.
Giving the official upgrade from 5.x to 6.x and Ceph luminous to nautilus docs. I have a question:
will it be okay if I leave the cluster with ceph luminous after the upgrade to pve6, at least for a while (2 or 3 days), before continuing with ceph upgrade?
cheers!

it's possible, but I don't recommend it. In fact our tooling won't work so you shouldn't do anything regarding Ceph in that time and maybe other side effects turn up e.g. GUI glitches.

Hi,
it's possible, but I don't recommend it. In fact our tooling won't work so you shouldn't do anything regarding Ceph in that time and maybe other side effects turn up e.g. GUI glitches.
We did the upgrade and yes, ceph was inaccessible until we finished to upgrade to proxmox 6. That is one minor issue we faced, but everything ended well.

Another thing we noticed is the fact that ceph systemd services does not work well (at least on our system) so we had to disable them and use /etc/init.d/ceph instead.

PS: We are using proxmox installed on top of Debian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!