[SOLVED] Proxmox 6.4 update - Weird input behavior and console artifacts in Firefox 88

gb00s

Aug 4, 2017
Good evening,

I just installed two Proxmox instances (6.3 and 6.4) and updated the 6.3 to 6.4-4 immediately. Both show weird console artifacts in FF 88.

Screenshot_2021-05-02_20-59-14.png

In Chromium-based browsers, everything seems to be normal. Does anyone know anything about this issue and is there workaround via settings etc in FF?

Also, CTRL/SHIFT-keys do not work in Firefox 88 in the console of the host or in a VM console.

Last edited:
I just tested it on the Firefox 88.0 (64-bit), it works, Can you please test it on the Firefox private window or disable the extensions?

HI @Moayad ,

thanks for the quick reply. I have the same issue with and without addons activated in FF 88. Also checked in Private mode. Systems tested:

Windows10 v1909
Windows Server 2019 Standard v1809
Gentoo & Funtoo
Arch Linux
Debian (Testing).

Thanks.

you have to allow the site to 'extract canvas data' for this to work

with my firefox it looks like this: canvas-allow.png

Reactions: gb00s

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!