Proxmox 6.4-13 says I have more storage than I really do?

SwissHomeLabber

Mar 29, 2021
Zurich, Switzerland
I have 2x servers each with 8x 3.84TB Enterprise SSDs in raidz2, with ashift set to 13.

Proxmox version is 6.4-13. (I'm doing an update as I write this post)

They are configured in a two node cluster (I haven't got a third node, yet!)

On the node status pages,

Box #1 reports 18.03TiB usable space in root. This box has Micron 5100 Eco SSDs.
Box #2 reports 17.71TiB usable space in root. This box has Samsung PM863a SSDs.

On the overall cluster status page, the cluster says I have 71.75 TiB overall usable space.

Does anyone have any ideas of why these numbers don't add up correctly?

On the overall cluster status page, the cluster says I have 71.75 TiB overall usable space.
can you post your '/etc/pve/storage.cfg' ?

by default the dashboard sums up all 'shared storages' once and all 'non-shared' storages for each node, but
you can manually select which storages are counted in the 'settings' window under the user menu on the top right

Node 1:

Code:
root@node1:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content iso,vztmpl,backup

zfspool: local-zfs
        pool rpool/data
        sparse
        content images,rootdir
root@node1:~#

Node 2:

Code:
root@node2:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content iso,vztmpl,backup

zfspool: local-zfs
        pool rpool/data
        sparse
        content images,rootdir
root@node2:~#

ah ok, that make sense... both the storage 'local' as well as 'local-zfs' point to the same underlying zpool so it gets counted twice
simply configure the storages as i said in the gui, then it should get calculated correctly

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!