m4ak

Mar 26, 2021
huawei rh2285h v2
cpu e5-2407
mem 32G
disk sas 600G *4
raid car lsi 2308-IT
6-3.JPG
Is there an installation log? Can you locate the cause of the installation failure from the log?

huawei rh2285h v2
cpu e5-2407
mem 32G
A bit aged Huawei HW, we had a user once which had similar HW and (from top of my head) similar problem, but no real conclusion even after lots of combined research.

The two workarounds we wound with them were:
* use an older installation media, Proxmox VE 5.4 ISO worked for them, they just immediately upgraded afterwards to latest 6.x, which on an empty machine is as easy and straightforward as a longer normal upgrade.
* install Proxmox VE on top on Debian, as long as you do not want to use ZFS as root filesystem that would be a valid workaround.

A bit aged Huawei HW, we had a user once which had similar HW and (from top of my head) similar problem, but no real conclusion even after lots of combined research.

The two workarounds we wound with them were:
* use an older installation media, Proxmox VE 5.4 ISO worked for them, they just immediately upgraded afterwards to latest 6.x, which on an empty machine is as easy and straightforward as a longer normal upgrade.
* install Proxmox VE on top on Debian, as long as you do not want to use ZFS as root filesystem that would be a valid workaround.
Thank you, since I have tested it before, I don’t have to worry about installing 6.x

I am also installing 5.4 and then upgrading to 6.0. Using zfs raid1 can be installed successfully and enter the system, using zfs raid10 raidz-1 can be installed successfully, can not enter the system, it is the phenomenon of loss of grub.

After entering the system, upgrade to 6.3, and then change raid1 to raid10.

I have now upgraded to version 6.3 and formed a cluster with another machine, ready to install more machines. I just configured ZFS to occupy the maximum memory, set it to 1G, and update it. After restarting, I found that the system cannot be started. The error message is as follows
ker.JPG

Because my rpool is very small, only more than 500G, so I set the maximum memory occupied by zfs to 1G.

zpool.JPG

I have installed the 6.3 version of pve to the u disk and booted into the system with u disk, and used the following command to import rpool

zpool import -f -R /mnt rpool

df.JPG
cat /mnt/etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
1617086566089.png

After deleting zfs.conf and restarting the machine, the phenomenon remains the same. Where is the problem? Where else should I check? Thanks a lot!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!