Proxmox 6.1 problem on all 3 nodes fresh clean, all 3 servers broken ? Imposible

Bidi

Renowned Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hello guys,

I got 3 servers in cluster - C with proxmox 5.4 all works perfect, no problems at all - full with customers all servers full full
I got another 3 servers in cluster - D with proxmox 6.1 just yerstaday put all 3 servers online fresh proxmox install all good nice but not - no customers at all, complet clean

I create a VM with windows 2008 or any win on any node on cluster D :| it takes way too much to create a vm, ok so i installed the os on it, rebooted the vm, bang blue screen, i created another vm on another node same problem, i create on another one same problem, i migrate the vm from the cluster D on C (on a node) no problems at all , all working fine and fast.

On the node from cluster D the vm it takes 10-15 minutes to boot, this is imposible on the cluster C same config, same vm it takes 5 sec and the vm is online and with the node fulll i mean 28gb ram used from 31gb total, cpu high usage and the vm works perfect, on the cluster D, no at all

My question is ar all 3 servers broken (imposible used them before) or proxmox 6.1 is the problem.

All the servers from both clusters ar the same servers configuration, model ....etc same same just the proxmox version is diffrent

Last edited:
Hi,

I guess there an incompatibility in all three servers.
What HW does this 3 server got.
and how doe you configured them?

And one more think i forget to mention is on proxmox 6.1 the mouse is not showing up, not working, i`m instaling now 5.4 on an deleted node the mouse works.

CPU(s) 24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz (2 Sockets)
Kernel Version Linux 5.3.13-2-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.3.13-2 (Fri, 24 Jan 2020 09:49:36 +0100)
PVE Manager Versionpve-manager/6.1-5/9bf06119
Dell Poweredge R410
Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB, 7200rpm, 128MB cache, SATA III on 2 servers
And WD Re4 on another one

On cluster C same config, same hdd, diffrent proxmox

CPU(s)
24 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz (2 Sockets)
Kernel Version
Linux 4.15.18-13-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.15.18-37 (Sat, 13 Apr 2019 21:09:15 +0200)
PVE Manager Version pve-manager/5.4-13/aee6f0ec

Oka so the problem is with proxmox 6.1

As i mentioned i reinstalled an node with proxmox 5.4
The VM boot in 3 secands ( 2-5 minutes on 6.1)
VM Create in 2 sec (2-5 min in 6.1)
Forced 25 tines STOP/Start to crash the OS or to see if bluescreen shows nothink the VM works perfect on 5.4 ( on 6.1 2 stops died blue screen)
Inside the VM opening thinngs start instantly (on proxmox 6.1 i was whaiting 2-3 minutes to open internet explorer)
INFO: Finished Backup of VM 100 (00:03:04) ( on proxmox 6.1 i stayed 45 minutes, same vm, config, space, hdd..)

So from my test made the problem is with proxmox 6.1

Thank you

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!