Proxmox 5.x usb automount

greybeard

May 7, 2017
Using a previous version of proxmox (4.x) I have used usbmount to automount an external usb hard drive for storage of backups for a standalone system. With the update to 5.x and Debian Stretch usbmount doesn't appear to be part of the new debian (unsupported for several years if nothing else).
Have tried googling for a suitable replacement method/package and the closest I've found so far is to make a fstab entry for the usb drive.
Has anyone else got a working system for automounting an external usb drive on debian stretch/proxmox 5?

That's about all I've found as well. Only concern is the comment that it requires two accesses to mount after plugging a device in. I'll try it tomorrow and see how I get on.
It's something that I feel would be useful to anyone using an external USB drive for backups.

Appears to be working as expected. Just had an intermission to replace a failed hd in my zfs mirrored array, but all now appears to be ok.
Would be nice if there was some way of unmounting the usb drive from the web gui rather than requiring a console logon but all workable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!