Proxmox 5 storage

Kobus

Nov 9, 2018
Hi
I am really after some advise please.
I am fairly new to proxmox and have this far setup a 3 node cluster using LVM over iSCSI for storage and it is all working great. There are a few things I would really like to use. Snapshots are one and I would also like to setup a second storage area that I can use for backups.

Which storage setup is best to use with Openfiler iSCSI Target and/or a synology nas box iscsi target that will give me:
VM
Containers
Snapshots
Backups

Thank you
Kobus

clustered LVM does not provide snapshot, but you can get VM and Containers with iSCSI, Backups with NFS.

The only option with an openfiler is is to use NFS as shared storage and place files on them.

Another viable option would be to change your backend storage to something that supports ZFS-over-iSCSI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!