[SOLVED] Proxmox 5.1 with ZFS on Hetzner AX60-SSD

J.Carlos

Oct 23, 2017
Hi,

We have three servers with proxmox, two are AX60-SSD with and witout ZFS, the server with ZFS cant startup after fresh install.

The other server is AX160, it have proxmox 5.1 and ZFS working good.

If i install proxmox 5.0 with zfs, it works without problems.

I read in this forum solutions like "Edit zfs with ...sleep='5'" But didnt work.

I think all problems is related around latest kernel.

The servers specs are..
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
64 GB DDR4 RAM
SSD Micron 2 x 500 GB

Best Regards.

Hi,

Ensure you boot in bios (not uefi) Mode.
ZFS do not support efi boot.

We are running 5.1 Kernel 4.13.4-25 on a AX60. It is starting without problems with ZFS. Only the stablilty of these machines is some kind of :mad:

We are running 5.1 Kernel 4.13.4-25 on a AX60. It is starting without problems with ZFS. Only the stablilty of these machines is some kind of :mad:
Hi andy77,

How you did it?

I use these commands for install it " qemu-system-x86_64 -m 1024 -hda /dev/sda -hdb /dev/sdb -cdrom /root/proxmox.iso -boot d -vnc :0" on rescue mode

After install it with zfs raid1 and do reboot the machine gets blank screen.

Regards.

The problem was caused by the installed GPU.
They have replaced it and now, the installation environment is shown correctly.

Thanks for your support!

Just for info: Hetzner seems to use Sunix external GPUs at AX60. And these GPUs cause on some kernels errors (blackscreen).
So yes they really switch the GPU when you have problems with Proxmox 5.1 and their AX60.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!