Proxmox 3.4 Install Resolution Issue

Me too. Supermicro server as well. For me Alt-G accepted the EULA and Alt-N hits Next on all of the following screens.

the 5.4 version is the same
so many years
At the first agreemant page
use alt+G
and next use alt+N
when Installing use alt+I
so like a blinder you can intsall PVE

I had the same issue with a 4k Tv during the installation, i solved in this way http://robertoviola.cloud/2020/04/16/proxmox-no-screen-during-installation/

Thank you, you saved my day! I am trying to install proxmox 6.2-1 in a virtualbox guest machine (for a teaching scenario). I have set virtualbox display memory to maximum (128MB) and yet proxmox seems to think that the hardware (virtualbox) can only display 800x600. No, I didn't enable EFI. There is no such problem if I use kvm. It seems to be a bug of virtualbox

One note: in my case I see that the file generated by "Xorg -configure" is /xorg.conf.new (placed in the root directory).

Another note: the comment function in your blog seems not working.

Reactions: cagnulein
Thank you, you saved my day! I am trying to install proxmox 6.2-1 in a virtualbox guest machine (for a teaching scenario). I have set virtualbox display memory to maximum (128MB) and yet proxmox seems to think that the hardware (virtualbox) can only display 800x600. No, I didn't enable EFI. There is no such problem if I use kvm. It seems to be a bug of virtualbox

One note: in my case I see that the file generated by "Xorg -configure" is /xorg.conf.new (placed in the root directory).

Another note: the comment function in your blog seems not working.

Hi ckhung, i really appreciate your reply :) I modified the post adding your tip about the xorg.conf.new in the root directory.

I didn't see any issue about comment function. Which issue did you have? If you want you can send a PM here if you can't write me on the blog.
Have a nice day!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!