Proxmox 2.3 Networking Problem - OpenVZ Container looses networking after some period

oeginc

Mar 21, 2009
I was running Proxmox 2.1 and I have a container several containers running Minecraft server, but one of them in particular looses connectivity to the outside world periodically (often enough to be troublesome, let's say within 1 hour of it booting).

It's driving me nuts.. My first thought was that something else on my network was using the same IP address, but I checked the logs and saw nothing, I even went as far as to go thru every host on our network and check the configured IP addresses and could not find a duplicate anywhere... I've even checked the arp tables and nothing looks suspicious.

Now, that being said - at one point in the past this IP WAS assigned to a different container, but that container is no longer with us... ;)

So when this particular container looses networking, it looses ALL networking... It's not just Minecraft, but SSH, web, etc.

However, the HOST and the other containers on the same machine are still all accessible.

Any ideas?

Re: Proxmox 2.3 Networking Problem - OpenVZ Container looses networking after some pe

Turns out just as I had expected... There WAS another device on the network using my IP address, it just wasn't a server so it was harder to find. It was my smart gigabit ethernet switch....

Oi...

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!