Proxmox 2.2 located in the DMZ and Relay access denied

mabu

Apr 1, 2008
Hi.
at the moment I try Proxmox 2.2 which are located in the DMZ network.
Incomming mails works fine but when I send emails I get "Relay access denied".
As discripted in the deployment guide the external and internal SMTP port can be the same - is this right?

Thanks for your assistance

Hi.
at the moment I try Proxmox 2.2 which are located in the DMZ network.
Incomming mails works fine but when I send emails I get "Relay access denied".
As discripted in the deployment guide the external and internal SMTP port can be the same - is this right?

Thanks for your assistance

Hi,

Proxmox uses different ports for incoming and outgoing smtp traffic. so if you want to send emails via Proxmox to the internet you need to connect to the internal SMTP port. Emails from the internet has to arrive at the external SMTP port.

if you get relay access denied you are connecting to the wrong port or the sending host is not trusted (you can add IP and networks to a list, see web interface).

Hi Tom,
thanks for your quick help. After I have change the port to 26 it works fine.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!