[SOLVED] Proxmox 2.1 install error on DL385 with NC 7781

bigfishinnet

Feb 2, 2010
Hi I have just bought some servers to do development work on with proxmox - testing for clustering, etc

I am having issues with it. The install goes fine but on booting it gets stuck in a loop....

proxmox tg3_stop_block timed out, ofs=4800 enable_bit=2

The server has dual HP NC7781 PCI-X Gigabit server adapters (embedded) googling possible reveals a bug in debian in?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678567

Can anyone help. I also have a 4 port e1000 intel card to go in the server can I pass any install options that will help me fix this issue.

Help!!..
Stephen

Last edited:
Hi I have just bought some servers to do development work on with proxmox - testing for clustering, etc

I am having issues with it. The install goes fine but on booting it gets stuck in a loop....

proxmox tg3_stop_block timed out, ofs=4800 enable_bit=2

The server has dual HP NC7781 PCI-X Gigabit server adapters (embedded) googling possible reveals a bug in debian in?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678567

Can anyone help. I also have a 4 port e1000 intel card to go in the server can I pass any install options that will help me fix this issue.

Help!!..
Stephen

Hi Actually I think I have this fixed for now. I disabled on the NIC's in BIOS as googling let me to an issue with 2 NIC's on the same bus being an issue in some cases and it booted fine.

Stephen :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!