Prometheus guest exporter

tincboy

Renowned Member
Apr 13, 2010
I wonder if there's any exporter that gather guest usage information from inside of them via GuestAgent and export them to prometheus?
If not is it reasonable to use GuestAgent for gathering resource usage of VMs?

no, as far as i am aware

i guess the guest agent is not really suited, since you cannot get many usage information from inside, a real monitoring agent inside the vm would be better

As far as I know recent versions of GuestAgent support executing any commands, therefor it should be possible to monitor guests from host, is that true?

As far as I know recent versions of GuestAgent support executing any commands, therefor it should be possible to monitor guests from host, is that true?
i principle yes, but you would have to know what is installed in the guest, in that case i would find it easier to do it simply from inside

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!