[SOLVED] ProLiant HD Led Failure

Younex

Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

i plane to use a CEPH installation with proxmox servers and would like to display an hard-disk failure with an red lamp as it is used to be with Raid controllers.
Is there any script or solution know how this can be controlled?

Besides this i will use monitoring to identify defect disks but for the matter of identification which hard-disk to finally put out it would be helpful to show this (actually i have to label all disks with their serial-numbers before i put them to use in order to allocate them).

Thanks.

@debi@an: Thank you, but it seems your reply focus on raid-connected hard disk?

@janos: No raid card as CEPH is proposed only to be configured with HBA Controllers.

@janos: No raid card as CEPH is proposed only to be configured with HBA Controllers.[/QUOTE]

If you not using HP HBA (or RAID card in HBA mode), the LED indicator will not working, and the mentioned tools also can not detect HW issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!