Problems with port forwarding

simone99

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

I'm new in Proxmox. I installed it 2 weeks ago and i'm not able to access vms from outside my network. i created a web server machine and all work fine using private ip but if i try to access using my public ip i'm not able.

my router can see proxmox machine and the vm as 2 differents devices. i opened the "x" public port on my net to the 80 of the web server but if i try to to connect to "http://my_public_ip:x " i dont see the default page of my web server.

proxmox ip: 192.168.1.200
web server: 192.168.1.25

can anyone help me understand if there is anything i forgot to setup to make all work correct?

It very much depends on your particular setup. Is this a home/personal install or is it cloud-hosted?

If it's a home install you will probably need to setup port forwarding on your router

as said i opened in my router the port.

" i opened the "x" public port on my net to the 80 of the web server"

edit: with x i meant the public port and with 80 i meant the private port

thats my configuration in my router. by the way before proxmox i was using a raspebby pi4 and all was going ok, so i presume is something wrong in proxmox configuration.
Cattura.PNG

if the web server works on your local network, it should work via NAT

but it doesn't, i also tried to open the port 8006 to the proxmox ip and i get the same problem. all work fine using private ips but if i try to use external ip with ports i have problems

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!