Problems with Cluster / Web GUI

SWben

Sep 26, 2019
I don't' know if this is the right place to try and get help, however im having major issues with my proxmox.

I have 4 servers running with 3 of them having live VMs running on. Every 2 days i cant get onto the web GUI on any of the servers. The VMs continue to work fine.

Now ive just rebooted one of the nodes (node 3) and its all come back on working okay. This has happened twice now and the first time it happened i restarted node1 (Main Cluster node). It got everything back up and working fine. The second time i rebooted node 3 (no active vms running. ) and that fixed it aswell.

3 of the servers are exactly the same hardware and node 4 is different. I don't know if this would be causing issues?

It seems no matter what node i reboot, it all comes back working again and i can get to the WEB gui on all servers.

Can anybody shed any light on this situation please?

There are some issues fixed regarding to clustering in newer versions, are you up to date?

Can you please post the output from pveversion

Hi, thanks for the reply.

pve-manager/6.0-4/2a719255 (running kernel: 5.0.15-1-pve)

I haven't got a valid subscription, is the update only available via proxmox servers?

Sorry, I had pveversion -v in mind, to get the verbose output.

Relevant are mainly:
Code:
corosync: 3.0.2-pve2
libknet1: 1.12-pve1

(and a newer kernel should be also available than 5.0.15)

Sorry, I had pveversion -v in mind, to get the verbose output.

Relevant are mainly:
Code:
libknet1: 1.12-pve1

(and a newer kernel should be also available than 5.0.15)

proxmox-ve: 6.0-2 (running kernel: 5.0.15-1-pve)
pve-manager: 6.0-4 (running version: 6.0-4/2a719255)
pve-kernel-5.0: 6.0-5
pve-kernel-helper: 6.0-5
pve-kernel-5.0.15-1-pve: 5.0.15-1
ceph-fuse: 12.2.11+dfsg1-2.1+b1
criu: 3.11-3
glusterfs-client: 5.5-3
ksm-control-daemon: 1.3-1
libjs-extjs: 6.0.1-10
libknet1: 1.10-pve1
libpve-access-control: 6.0-2
libpve-apiclient-perl: 3.0-2
libpve-common-perl: 6.0-2
libpve-guest-common-perl: 3.0-1
libpve-http-server-perl: 3.0-2
libpve-storage-perl: 6.0-5
libqb0: 1.0.5-1
lvm2: 2.03.02-pve3
lxc-pve: 3.1.0-61
lxcfs: 3.0.3-pve60
novnc-pve: 1.0.0-60
proxmox-mini-journalreader: 1.1-1
proxmox-widget-toolkit: 2.0-5
pve-cluster: 6.0-4
pve-container: 3.0-3
pve-docs: 6.0-4
pve-edk2-firmware: 2.20190614-1
pve-firewall: 4.0-5
pve-firmware: 3.0-2
pve-ha-manager: 3.0-2
pve-i18n: 2.0-2
pve-qemu-kvm: 4.0.0-3
pve-xtermjs: 3.13.2-1
qemu-server: 6.0-5
smartmontools: 7.0-pve2
spiceterm: 3.1-1
vncterm: 1.6-1
zfsutils-linux: 0.8.1-pve1

Do we need to have a valid subscription to promox enterprise sources to receive the fix?

Yeah and if you actually read the link I provided you twice you would see that you need to add also:

Code:
# PVE pve-no-subscription repository provided by proxmox.com,
# NOT recommended for production use
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pve-no-subscription

so the public accessible PVE package repository available for all, subscription or not, is configured.

Please add this and run
Code:
apt update
apt full-upgrade
afterwards.

Yeah and if you actually read the link I provided you twice you would see that you need to add also:

Code:
# PVE pve-no-subscription repository provided by proxmox.com,
# NOT recommended for production use
deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pve-no-subscription

so the public accessible PVE package repository available for all, subscription or not, is configured.

Please add this and run
Code:
apt update
apt full-upgrade
afterwards.

Sorry i did see this however it says not for production use so i didn't think to use it.

Yes, for the most stable and production ready Proxmox VE experience the enterprise repository is recommended.

But, that does not mean that "pve-no-subscription" is untested or the like, packages go first through internal testing then through the pvetest repo, and only then to "pve-no-subscription" when they are already quite mature. Only if they survive that for a bit of time without hitting any new issue the enterprise repo is the final target.

Reactions: SWben
Yes, for the most stable and production ready Proxmox VE experience the enterprise repository is recommended.

But, that does not mean that "pve-no-subscription" is untested or the like, packages go first through internal testing then through the pvetest repo, and only then to "pve-no-subscription" when they are already quite mature. Only if they survive that for a bit of time without hitting any new issue the enterprise repo is the final target.

Thanks very much for your help, all my servers are now updated. Your help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: t.lamprecht

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!