Problems with 10G Nic XG-C100C (AQC107)

AttNet

Aug 5, 2011
Hi at all,
i have a big problem with this 10G ethernet card and proxmox (kernel/driver) :-(

I installed a new Debian 9 Stretch machine
After install i compiled the atlantic.ko driver for the nic and installed them.
All works fine....

Then i installed proxmox with his pve kernel....
The kernel 4.15.17-3-pve has the driver on board, but it does not work.
No traffic is going out or in with that driver.
I can ping the internal adress, but i see no flickering of the nic leds if i ping a other ip.

Have someone an idea for me ?
I tried to compile the latest driver form aquantia for this kernel, but the result is the same :-(

I hope someone of you have a good idea for me.

Best regards,
AttNet

Edit:
I have tested kernel 4.10.17-5-pve and with the self compiled atlantic driver for this
kernel version the nic is working normal. So it is a kernel/driver problem.
Someone an idea for the newest pve kernel ?

Last edited:
I had the same problem here. The card does actually work but only if the system is powered off and on again. Warm reboot does bring up a network link but can not transfer any data.

So I downloaded driver source 2.0.10 from the aQuantia website, disabled LRO as recommended by the README.txt and compiled that driver. Don't forget to create a new initrams via update-initramfs -u -k all. You can check the driver version by ethtool -i enp1s0.

Thing work very smooth with the updated driver now.

Last edited:
Hello, I just want to say, this card now works with 4.15.18-3-pve out of the box which was not the case until 4.15-17.
- The Link doesn't show "NO-CARRIER" anymore
- The nodes can ping each other via 10GBit
- Also the Switch-Port LEDs lights up now
- And there is no kernel panic on shutdown anymore

Tested on 4 nodes

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!