[SOLVED] Problems updating debian and packages

g0rck

Jun 17, 2020
Hello, I was updating several servers, and I have a proxmox that when trying to update using an "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" I get the following:

Captura de pantalla de 2021-03-10 13-10-03.png

Seeing the packages you want to uninstall, I have canceled the update, but I don't know the reason why this comes out.

My Debian version: 10.7
My Proxmox version: 6.3.3

Does anyone think of what could happen and a possible solution?

Thanks!

Hi,

We always recommend to use apt dist-upgrade not apt upgrade

I would to ask you about the full output of apt update and output of the following commands:

Bash:
grep '' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
grep '' /etc/apt/sources.list

I have already tried apt-get dist-upgrade, in fact it is what I use to update.

Output apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade:

Captura de pantalla de 2021-03-10 13-44-05.png

Ouput sources.list:

Captura de pantalla de 2021-03-10 13-46-22.png

Thanks for your help!

I have not tried to give it yes, I am worried about what may happen.

I never saw a proxmox update uninstall those packages.

It is a server in production, so I am scared to give it and interrupt the service.

Hello,

Nobody that has happened to him this and has solved it ?.

All the best

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

You are installed Proxmox top of Debian, when you doing apt dist-upgrade like the above image that you sent, the output of the upgrade tell you that install a new kernel of Debian (linux-image-4.19.0.14-amd64) and Proxmox uses Ubuntu kernel. So you don't need Debian kernels if you are using Proxmox.

You need to remove the Debian kernels from your host

Code:
apt remove linux-image-4.19* linux-image-4.9*

Hello, today I have been able to test and it has been perfectly solved by deleting these kernels.

Thank you!

Hi,

Glad you have solved your issue!

You can make your thread as [SOLVED] to help other people who have the same issue Thanks!

have a nice day :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!