Problems clustering with multiple IP ranges

debolaz

Jul 10, 2009
I have a proxmox cluster with 3 nodes configured to use the IP range 10.95.0.0/24. Inside this cluster, I've created a virtual machine with proxmox for the purpose of running containers so that the 3 aforementioned nodes only run kvm machines.

There's a number of containers running on the cluster that I'd like to migrate to this virtual proxmox installation, so I originally figured I could just include it in the cluster; However there's a slight problem: It is on a different IP range, our public one, and these two networks are physically separated. Now, all the 3 nodes have access to this public network, but their cluster definition is based on the private IP range.

Is the best approach to solving this problem to temporarily recreate the cluster to connect via the public IP addresses, do the container transfers, then restore the original cluster settings?

make sure both net-devices (public ip / private ip) are bridges configured the same way on all 3 nodes.
do the same virtually for the 4th node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!