Problem with Virtual Machine Storage

adrianfl55

Oct 9, 2023
Hi. I am new at Proxmox. I have this issue.
I wanted to rename a pool, but I coudn´t do It. Instead of that, I tried to delete the pool to create it again. So, to do that I had to drop a storage I had on the pool.
I did it, and in fact, I deleted the storage of all the environment of Proxmox just in case.
Then I delete the pool and I create the new one with the correct name. After this step, I create the storage again and I add it to this pool without any problem.
The trouble is because I had a VM with the disk in the old storage that I dropped. The storage that I created had exactly the same name as the storage I deleted, but what I want to do is to change the storage of the VM and I can´t. I suppose that It is because the machine has saved the ID of the old storage that I deleted but then when I created the new one the internal ID of the storage change.

I need help with this issue.

Thank you

Attachments

• imagen.png
    imagen.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 6
Not enough information, but i will try.

Where is that base 201 disk 0 stored now?

If nowhere then you deleted all the VMs storage and should delete all VM definitions and start again or restore from your proxmox backups.
(actually you can edit the hardware of each VM definition to delete the existing disk links and create new ones)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!