Problem with tailscale on Proxmox VE host

devra

Jun 19, 2021
I have installed tailscale on my Proxmox VE 7.3-4 host.
It is running but not replying to any ping requests and I cannot connect via SSH over the VPN network.
Syslog shows that ping requests are coming from the tailscale source PC and are directed at the correct tailscale target address.
I can ping and connect via SSH normally from the LAN.
Could this be some sort of firewall problem with the Proxmox host?
I am not having any problems with other servers, including a Synology NAS.

It seems that Proxmox firewall was letting requests in (as seen in journal) but was was not letting any replies out. I do not really understand the details of iptables but I seem to have gotten it working.

I may have done too much or not enough, but in Proxmox firewall console I added two new rules, one with direction IN and the other with direction OUT.
Code:
Action= ACCEPT
Source =100.64.0.0/10
Destination=100.64.0.0/10

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!