[SOLVED] Problem with receiving emails

raitism

Dec 11, 2019
Riga
Hello!

Recently installed and deployed Proxmox Mail Gateway 6.1-3 to my infrastructure. I have one Exchange 2016 server on which I have 5 mail domains which we use. Example - user1@mail1.com, user2@mail2.com etc.

After I made routing change and forwarded all mail through Proxmox, my default domain is receiving and sending all mails. It forks perfectly. But there is problem with other 4 domains, on which I can send out mails, but cant receive. I have checked DNS MX records, all are correct. In Tracking center all mails sent to these other domains shows as rejected. Reason - Recipient address rejected: unverified address: Recipient address lookup failed;

Want to point out, that I have turned on LDAP syncronization and if incoming mail comes to user, that don't exist, then its blocked. For main domain that forks great.

What could be the cause for other relay domains, that they unable to receive emails? Maybe I'm missing something?

did you add the additional domains in the *Configuration->Mail Proxy->Relay Domains* setting?

Yes, I did.

It look like something is missing. For main domain everything is fine. but for other relay domains I get error - status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=Internet type=MX: Host not found, try again)

From Debian console I checked that i am able to find these domain mx records. command "dig mx domain2.com" resolved the right mx record.

Problem was that I didnt add additional domains under Mail proxy -> Transports. After did that, everything started to work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!