Problem with proxmox-boot-tool

trevmlt

Oct 12, 2021
I have come across an issue with the boot tool that stops my system from booting when either the init or the refresh is run. If I mount and look at the loader entries in WinSCP after either of these are run, there is a bunch of blank lines between the top 2 lines and the bottom two lines which are also tabbed over (indented) a fair amount. If I try to boot without manually editing and saving these entries, system just returns to BIOS. If edited, system boots as it should. This is on Proxmox 7 using UEFI boot on a Asrock Rack MB. Images attached.

Pre-edit - systems fails to boot

1635893297274.png

Post-edit in WinSCP, system boots fine:

1635893385799.png

Does anyone know how or what builds these loader/entries on the boot partition? I would like to see if I can determine what is causing the broken formatting so I can stop it from happening.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just for verification - could you please post (or probably even better attach) the file /etc/kernel/cmdline?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!