Problem with PING between nodes and VM's

warloxian

Jun 26, 2021
I am horrible about asking for advise and even worse at documenting what steps I have taken to try and solve problems.
I just installed Proxmox 8.2.7 on a 6 node cluster. Every single things appears to be working fine. I can access GUI and SSH. Evry node can resolve addresses and I am able to ping WAN addresses just fine. The only problem I am finding is that I am unable to ping node to node. In fact I am unable to ping anything on LAN. I am also not able to ping anything on LAN from my VM's. I have spent the better part of 3 days trying to figure this put and it baffles me because I am not noticing any problems except PINGING.
I have ran other versions of Proxmox over the years and I have never seen this before.
My network is just setup as the defualt at this point, but I do not want to start changing it until I have this ping issue fo=igured out. FYI, I am a novice with no professional training , but have been in the Linux game for a couple of years

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!