Problem with network connection

Mr Malone

Apr 26, 2018
Hi all. I recently installed proxmox on my dedicated server, and tried to install two containers, one per centos and another on the debian. I managed to install them, but the problem is different, so please help me if possible. How can I tie the containers to the internet? Because they can not connect, and it gives me the next error.

Below I wanted to show you the configuration I made in ifconfig.

Please tell me how I could tie each container to an IP address, and be able to connect SSH separately to the containers. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi,

The first image is something very simple. It means your resolvers are not configured. For this you need to edit the file /etc/resolv.conf and include:
nameserver 8.8.8.8 if you want to use google's DNS servers.

As for the connectivity from the VM's OUTBOUND, can you ping an IP address? Not a Hostname.

Regards,

Foster

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!