Problem with LVM and live migration

j5boot

Renowned Member
May 18, 2011
Spain
Hi everyone. I'm testing Proxmox VE 5.0 on a couple of servers on a Intel Modular Server chasis. I have the Shared LUN option enabled to share the VMs disk between the different servers. That disk is LVM. Everything works fine, except for the live migration. When I migrate a machine from one server to another it tells me that it can not activate the logical volume of the VM.

I have been testing and I see that if I restart the service lvm2-lvmetad, run "pvscan --cache" or completely disable the lvmetad service everything works as expected and migrates well.

My question is if it is safe to disable the lvmetad service and it would not cause any problems. I understand that by not using the LVM cache it is possible that at times the Proxmox web interface will become slow but that is not a problem for me.

Thank you very much.
Grettings.

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content images,rootdir,iso,vztmpl
maxfiles 0

lvm: MaquinasInf
vgname MaquinasInf
content rootdir,images
shared 1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!