[SOLVED] Problem with LACP

paule

Oct 20, 2024
Hello everyone! I have a question regarding my network configuration, specifically about an LACP that does not work in "standalone" mode.

Currently, two ports are connected to my PVE, one of which (enp88s0) is already configured for LACP. The LACP itself works without any issues, and if I assign a VM to the vmbr4 bridge I created, it can communicate with my network. I have also assigned an IP address to the vmbr4, but this IP becomes unreachable when I disable the "LACP port" on the switch. So far, everything makes sense to me. However, when I disable the other port (enp87s0), both IP addresses become unreachable. Why does my bond stop working when I disable the other port?

1729454775427.png

LAG with only one port? If you try to create a failover you have to add at least 2 ports to your bond0.
Add enp87s0 to bond0, change port/slave of vmbr0 to bond0.

Last edited:
Hi, the one NIC in the bond was only for the setup. I have now connected two. The error was fixed after restarting the PVE. Thanks for the effort!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!