Problem with iScsi SAN

Vincenzo.serpico

Mar 31, 2022
Hi to all and sorry for my bad English. I use for the first time proxmox and it’s so cool. I have 3 server primergy rx 200 in cluster, but if I try to add a storage iScsi (eternus dx80), proxmox return error (500) and don’t see the San.
Can we help me???
I don’t know well proxmox.
Thanks

You should be able to find some additional information via "journalctl". You can open a terminal window in parallel to adding storage and follow the log with "journalctl -f". This may point you in the right direction.
Its possible the issue is on the storage side, but its also possible that your SAN device is not compatible with Proxmox managed iSCSI implementation. For example if CHAP is required, thats not something you can specify via PVE GUI.

In the end, remember - PVE is based on Debian/Ubuntu/Linux. If you can find a DX80 specific guide on how to setup storage in Linux that might be helpful to you as well.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Thanks so much for your replay. The eternus dx80 have much configuration, and I read the problem with CHAP and for this reasons disable it. Next working day I test your solution.
Thanks

i resolve a lot of problem and now I see Target when digit the portal (IP). But proxmox return error: "Connection error 596: Connection timed out".
I use your "jornalctl -f" in a shell and return me:
Apr 06 15:35:18 pve1 corosync[1047]: [KNET ] link: host: 2 link: 0 is down
Apr 06 15:35:18 pve1 corosync[1047]: [KNET ] host: host: 2 (passive) best link: 0 (pri: 1)
Apr 06 15:35:18 pve1 corosync[1047]: [KNET ] host: host: 2 has no active links
Apr 06 15:35:19 pve1 corosync[1047]: [KNET ] rx: host: 2 link: 0 is up
Apr 06 15:35:19 pve1 corosync[1047]: [KNET ] host: host: 2 (passive) best link: 0 (pri: 1)

Havew you a idea?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!