Problem with a hard drive

Proxmoxgoogle

Mar 21, 2017
Hi I have a problem with a disk in proxmox. It restarted, and a disk failed, it cannot be mounted. This error comes out:

mount -a
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdc1,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so.

What do you have in your /etc/fstab? Is this disk part of an LVM or something like it?

Are the SMART values of the disk still okay?

What's the output of lsblk -f?

Hello,
I installed using the Proxmox VE ISO. It worked fine but now we have the same error. Last we got it the system was new so we went for a reinstall. But now again after 3 reboots we have hit this error.

Startup is with grub rescue with unknown file system error. ls (hd0) also gives unknown file system error.

I have hooked up the live debian ISO to trouble shoot. I get an error magical superblock is corrupted try another block. /dev/sda .

We are using HW RAID1 hard disk both are healthy. Also passes the consistency and SMART test ^.

any ideas?

1601021758569.png
1601022147581.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!