problem remove attachments

gantoniou

Sep 17, 2021
Hello. Because I am new I would like the following help. What I try to do is when they send a file that contains a virus to delete the virus and deliver it to the recipient. I made my own rule in which I have as action object remove attachment and as what object Virus. I tried it several times and it does not delete my virus. But if I change the option instead of remove attachment I do quarantine this works properly. Do you know what could be wrong?
Thanks very much.

try 'Remove all attachments' (with or without putting the mail in the attachment quarantine) - the what object virus just matches that a virus was found, and not the attachment where it was found)

If this does not work - check the logs - they show you which rule caused the mail to get accepted/blocked or quarantined

I hope this helps!

now change from 'remove all attachments' to 'remove attachments' but send email to user with out remove attchment.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!