ShadowMonarch

Aug 12, 2024
Hey,
I am pretty new to Linux and Proxmox. I tried to use my Terraria game server as a VM in Linux. everything is working, I do have a Network connection and its all working. Ports are forwarded etc. But I cant join my Server. But why am I asking it on the Proxmox Forum? The big problem is that I don't even get a notification in the terminal that someone tried to join. It seems like they don't even find the server. Am I missing something? do I have to explicit activate or open something else in Proxmox? Did anyone experience something like this too?
please help :)
and if its definitely not an issue with my Proxmox than I am sorry :)

Are you sure you have forwarded *all* the required ports. If my memory serves correctly, then Terraria required quite a bit of them to be forwarded. Did you forward them on the router or via DNAT?

I used my router to port forwarding, and now I tested it with ufw. Both didn't work for me. I forwarded all of the ports. And still no message of trying to reach the server.

OMG I am feeling dumb. I port forwarded all these ports for my rig. But now I looked at it again and saw that a new name appeared. The router identifies the VM as a own PC. It completely makes sense but I didn't thought about it. I am sorry wasting your time.

Reactions: shanreich

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!