Problem adding directory - difference between lvm size and GUI new directory

ezequielszurita

Feb 5, 2020
Hello everyone! my name is Ezequiel and i have a big problem.
I installed proxmox in a SSD disk, but when i need make a backup of my VM i dont have space.
For this reason, i install two disk HDD of 1tb each one, and i build a LVM partition (size 300gb)

When I finally access the directory through the GUI, proxmox indicates that the partition is 7GB

attached screenshots

1580930055625.png

1580930087932.png1580930134987.png
1580930219797.png

Try creating the lvm with different sizes (100g, 200b, 900gb) but it doesn't work, keep detecting only 7GB Additionally attached the commands you use to create the partition:

pvcreate /dev/sdc
vgcreate prueba /dev/sdc
lvcreate -n back -L 300g prueba
mkfs -t ext4 /dev/..../prueba-back

I installed proxmox in a SSD disk, but when i need make a backup of my VM i dont have space.
For this reason, i install two disk HDD of 1tb each one, and i build a LVM partition (size 300gb)

this would not have worked either, since you cannot save backup on lvm (a block based storage), only on directory based storages (dir, nfs, cifs, etc.)

When I finally access the directory through the GUI, proxmox indicates that the partition is 7GB
what exactly did you configure? please post the storage config (/etc/pve/storage.cfg)

this would not have worked either, since you cannot save backup on lvm (a block based storage), only on directory based storages (dir, nfs, cifs, etc.)
disregard this, i missed that you created an lv on top and a filesystem

what exactly did you configure? please post the storage config (/etc/pve/storage.cfg)
1581009905179.png

to configure, i made this steps

1) 1581010027010.png

2) add directory 1581010062682.png

3) 1581010121389.png

thats not how it works.
after you created a filesystem with 'mkfs.ext....'
you have to mount it somewhere (and add it to fstab if you want it to be mounted on boot)
e.g. with 'mount /dev/..... /mnt/mynewdisk'

then you can add a directory storage for '/mnt/mynewdisk'

[QUOTE = "dcsapak, publicación: 293319, miembro: 36072"]
Así no es cómo funciona.
después de crear un sistema de archivos con 'mkfs.ext ....'
tienes que montarlo en algún lugar (y agregarlo a fstab si quieres que se monte en el arranque)
por ejemplo, con 'mount / dev / ..... / mnt / mynewdisk'

entonces puede agregar un almacenamiento de directorio para '/ mnt / mynewdisk'
[/CITAR]

1581096759469.png

i can't

Could you show me documentation about this?

Attachments

• 1581096527003.png
    1581096527003.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!