Problem adding a new node to cluster

apanescu

Jun 30, 2020
Hello,

I have a cluster of 6 nodes in my proxmox environment and I want to add 3 more. The problem is that I am getting the following error:

"""

Establishing API connection with host '10.40.191.240'
Login succeeded.
check cluster join API version
Request addition of this node
An error occured on the cluster node: invalid corosync.conf
! node 'proxmox-master' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
! node 'proxmox-worker1' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
! node 'proxmox-worker2' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
! node 'proxmox-worker3' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
! node 'proxmox-worker4' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
! node 'proxmox-worker5' has 'ring0_addr', but there is no interface number 0 configured
TASK ERROR: Cluster join aborted!

"""

I used the GUI procedure and also the CLI procedure and I am getting the same error. Does someone have any clue what might be the issue here?

I also attached a file from the GUI error.

Thanks!
Andrei

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.39.56.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.39.56.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 18
I forgot to mention that the version of the Proxmox that I am using is 6.2-6.

Thanks!
Andrei

here is also the corosync.conf file:

root@proxmox-master:~# cat /etc/pve/corosync.conf
logging {
debug: off
to_syslog: yes
}

nodelist {
node {
name: proxmox-master
nodeid: 1
quorum_votes: 1
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.240
}
node {
name: proxmox-worker1
nodeid: 2
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.241
}
node {
name: proxmox-worker2
nodeid: 3
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.242
}
node {
name: proxmox-worker3
nodeid: 4
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.243
}
node {
name: proxmox-worker4
nodeid: 5
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.244
}
node {
name: proxmox-worker5
nodeid: 6
ring0_addr: 10.40.191.234
}
}

quorum {
provider: corosync_votequorum
}

totem {
cluster_name: XXXXXXXXXX
config_version: 6
interface {
bindnetaddr: 10.40.191.240
}
ip_version: ipv4-6
secauth: on
version: 2
}

I managed to find the issue. I had to reconfigure the/etc/pve/corosync.conf and change:

interface {
bindnetaddr: 10.40.191.240
}

to

interface {
linknumber: 0
}

So the problem is solved. I think the corosync updated since I installed the cluster for the first time. I hope it helps in case someone else gets into the same problem.

Reactions: m8e
mine is already set to;

interface {
linknumber: 0
}

however im still not able to join, im on version 7.3-4 my error is simply;

1673858659996.png

Do you have more than one node that is named: pve?
If yes, use different names for each node.
i found the only other refference to this issue "Cluster Join Failed" on the germal national support section of proxmox that mentioned this might be the case

For anyone else with this issue - making sure your nodes are not named the same was the solution. Hopefully the vague error can be rectified. There is documentation on changing your node name from proxmox here so it would be good to let us know a little more about why adding something to the cluster has failed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!