[SOLVED] Problem accessing the server gui

Dec 14, 2022
I' realized that I have a strange issue. I normally access the gui via Firefox from my DesktopPC running Windows 11 @ localIP:8006. Today I tried to access from another Windows Laptop. After accepting the risk (certificate issue) I get a connect, but just blank screen. Same thing on my DesktopPC with other browsers (tried chrome and Edge).

From PC & Firefox access is still possible.
iPhone access via safari also working.

I already restarted the node. No change.

Any help appreciated!

Last edited:
Take a look at the developer console to see what happens. Maybe an ad blocker is active or you would have to delete cache etc., maybe even private tab. If Proxmox is not up to date, maybe update it.

There is significantly more information in the developer console than in your screenshot. Just look through all the tabs and maybe just compare them. Then you can see whether resources are blocked or not.

The screenshot is anything but helpful, it doesn't show which resources are or are not being loaded, and I don't see any error messages about something that wasn't executed correctly.

If you can't provide the information and my other tips don't help, then I'm out, without information I can't help.

I'm sorry. If you could tell me, what to look for, I will do my best to try.
This is the only other information provided on this console (if we are talking about the same thing?)
1705766040025.png
cache has been cleared and no adblocker

Last edited:
(if we are talking about the same thing?)
Yes, that's already an excerpt of it. As mentioned, there are also other tabs such as the console or network. The developer tools must remain open and, ideally, reload them with CTRL + F5 so that data appears there.

there are also other tabs such as the console or network
Unfortunately not. Again, this console is only reachable from Firefox on DektopPC. I restarted the DesktopPC already. On the DesktopPC not matter how often I press Crtl+F5 no change, no other tabs.

I'm not quite sure if this is important, but on my DesktopPC after entering localIP:8006, the browser adds some code to the IP like this: localIP:8006/#v1:0:18:4:::::::

Last edited:
Again, this console is only reachable from Firefox on DektopPC.
This is a standard feature in every desktop browser, whether Chrome, Firefox or Edge - it is included everywhere.

I restarted the DesktopPC already. On the DesktopPC not matter how often I press Crtl+F5 no change, no other tabs.
That's illogical, that doesn't make sense. Then your PC or browser is broken and unusable. Make sure your browsers are up to date.

Here is the documentation for a few browsers:
Firefox: https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/ (for example see this: https://firefox-source-docs.mozilla.org/devtools-user/#network-monitor)
Edge: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/devtools-guide-chromium/overview
Chrome: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools/open?hl=en

I'm afraid I made things worse. After clearing the cache at the DesktopPC it's not working there either. Looking on the message from chrome I remember that I tried to integrate a Temp sensor for the CPU to proxmox. Following a guide, some things had to be changed in
Code:
/usr/share/pve-manager/js/pvemanagerlib.js

So most likely, even if I think I reverted anything back, I might have made a mistake there.

Is there any way to repair the pvemanager?

Screenshot 2024-01-20 184951.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!